These deliciously nutty bite-sized treats are the perfect pick-me-up just when you are starting to slump around 4 or 5pm in the morning. The best thing is that you can make a big batch and they seem to keep forever in the fridge in an airtight container (at least a week and half, even though we were picking at them every day!).
Yield:Makes around 30
- 1/2 cup (75g) of raw cashews
- 1/2 cup (40g) of flakes almonds
- 1/2 cup (75g) of walnuts
- 1/2 cup (100g) of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (100g) of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (100g) of dried figs
- 1/2 cup (75g) of dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 2 teaspoons of grated coconut (fresh if possible)
- sea salt to taste
- Place the nuts in a bowl, cover with water and soak for 2 hours. Drain and rinse the nuts. Transfer to a food processor, add the remaining ingredients and season with sea salt.
- Using the pulse button process until chopped. Check the seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Roll the mixture into 30 even balls and mould into round discs. Place the biscuits on a non stick sheet and either dry for 12 hours on a dehydrator tray at 118F (48 degrees centigrade), for 12 hours, turning after 6 hours OR dry in an oven heated to its lowest setting.
- Cool and store in a sealed jar for up to 10 days.