All our nutritionists agree that taking gluten out of your diet whenever possible is a good idea. So, why not make yourself a stock of healthy granola to enjoy with plain, unsweetened yogurt and berries of your choice or cut into bars for enjoying whenever you feel like it. Store in an air-tight container.
Yield:Makes 12 bars
- 100g combination or one of gluten free oats, rice flakes and buckwheat flakes
- 140g walnuts, chopped
- 140g almonds, chopped
- 140g hazelnuts, chopped ((or just get 400g of raw mixed nuts that don’t contain peanuts)
- 140g ground flax seed (Linwoods sold at Holland & Barrett do good flavours)
- 100g coconut oil
- 150g honey
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a big bowl, combine oats, nuts and flaxseed. In a saucepan, blend together, oil, honey and cinnamon and cook on low heat on the cooker until mixture starts bubbling. Remove, add vanilla and stir. Pour over oat mixture and mix well.
- Thinly spread on baking sheet(s). Place in oven and bake until golden (approx. 15 minutes). Cool thoroughly. Store in air tight container.