This cream works well with either tea or coffee. It is worth getting best quality cashews (African) and spices. Cardamon counteracts the acidity in the coffee, leaving us to benefit from all of those antioxidants with less guilt! This keeps in the fridge for at least one week, and can set into a thick clotted cream consistency. In that case, stir it thoroughly before adding it to your hot drink straight from the fridge (add more water during the blending if you prefer it thinner). The cream does not separate when added to the hot drink.
- 11⁄3 cup Cashews, soaked over night
- 300ml Spring water
- 1 level tsp Cardamon powder
- 1 heaped tsp Ginger powder
- 1 heaped tsp Cinnamon powder
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
- Soak the cashews over night in spring water (or, at least, for 5 hours).
- Put all ingredients into a strong blender and blend for 45 seconds or until completely smooth with the consistency of thick cream. You can add more water if you prefer your cream more like milk.
- Play around with the flavours. This cream is also delicious without any flavourings.
- NOTE: Note: If you don’t have a blender of that strength, smaller blenders may still work, but the milk may separate after a few days.