These are so quick and easy to make. Great snacks to have around or to take with you on the run. They keep for weeks in the fridge in an airtight container (careful not to leave them uncovered in the fridge as they absorb other flavours.
Yield:Makes 12 balls
- Ground almonds (2 ½ cups)
- 2 heaped tbs creamed honey (the solid kind, raw if you can get it)
- 3 overflowing tbs cashew butter (can be quite runny)
- 3tbs cacao powder (100% and raw if you can get it)
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 1 pinch of Himalayan or unprocessed sea salt
- Half a cup dried cherries (chopped finely)
- Half a cup hemp seeds
- 2tbs bee pollen
- ½ cups desiccated coconut
- Mix the dry ingredients (ground almonds, cacao powder, vanilla seed, salt, cherries, seeds and bee pollen) in a bowl.
- Add cashew butter and honey and thoroughly knead these into the dry ingredients. You will end up with a dough the consistency of shortbread. It should not be sticky on the hands, if so, just add a little ground almond flour. If it is too crumbly, and the shapes don’t hold, just add a tablespoon water.
- Form the dough into shapes (little balls) or roll it out and cut it into squares.
- Cover in the coconut flakes for decoration. Enjoy!
THE SOURCE — Gertud Keazor (www.yobabalounge.com)
© 2019 SPA.Kitchen, All Rights Reserved.