LOVE YOUR BODY FITNESS WITH ALICE AND DANA
START OF SPRING ROUTINE
Spring has sprung! With new beginnings and new growth, it’s the season of transformation. So bring on the Fit ball and let’s roll with it!
EXERCISE: Core strength and general strengthening. Practise 3 sets of 12 repetitions with a 30-second rest in between each set.
EQUIPMENT: Fit ball
SUGGESTED LENGTH: 20 minutes
MOVEMENT 1: FIT BALL PRESS-UPS
– Begin by rolling on the ball out into high plank with your feet on top of the ball.
– Using your core stability perform a controlled press up.
– Keep the body in a straight line (don’t let your lower back drop)
2. FIT BALL KNEE TUCKS
– Start from high plank position with your feet on top of the ball.
– Brace your core and roll the ball towards your chest by pulling it forward with your feet.
– Return to the starting position by lowering your hips and extend your legs back out.
3. FIT BALL SIT-UP
– Start from a sitting position on the ball.
– Then slowly roll yourself onto your lower back, keeping the knees bent to 90 degrees.
– Interlace the hands behind your head.
– Exhale as you slowly lift the head and shoulders up keeping the ball still.
– Inhale as you lower without losing tightness in the abdomen.
4. FIT BALL HAMSTRING CURL
– Lie face up with your arms pressed into the floor by your sides, knees bent, heels placed on top of the ball.
– Press your heels into the ball, brace your abs in tight, and lift your hips up off the floor.
– Keeping your hips high, slowly extend your legs and roll the ball away from your body (be careful not to lock out your knees).
– Bend your knees and curl the ball back into your body, returning to the start position.
Dana and Alice are personal trainers and mothers (with two children each) who are motivated to motivate!
Check them out further on www.fitnessdna.co.uk
Images by Angus Pigott
Alice is wearing : Capri Tights by H&M, Trainers by Nike and T-Shirt by Topshop
Dana is wearing : Running Tights and Sports Bra by Sweaty Betty and Trainers by Nike