An energy-boosting dish that helps you start the day fully charged. Brown rice is high in manganese, which produces energy from protein and carbohydrates. The high magnesium content in both the brown rice and sunflower seeds further fuel energy production. Honey not only provides the sweetener, it supplies an important part of the energy needed by the body for blood information.
- 1 bowl cooked brown rice
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbs sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tbs raisins
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Heat brown rice and soy milk in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in honey.
- Gradually add the various seeds, nuts and raisins.
- Continue to heat gently until soy milk just begins to boil.
- Pour gruel into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Best eaten when hot.