Yield:Make two portions
- 200g very fresh white fish fillets of choice, diced
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup seeded chopped tomato
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, peeled, seeded, finely diced
- 2 tbs red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup ripe pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 small red or green chilli, seeded and very finely sliced (optional)
- 1 tbs coconut cream (optional)
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, diced
- Lime wedges to serve
- Put the fish in a glass bowl. Pour the lime juice over the fish and mix gently to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until the fish is opaque and ‘cooked’ through, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and drain off the lime juice, gently squeezing the fish dry. Discard the lime juice.
- Add tomato, cucumber, onion, coriander and pineapple. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce and chillies, if using and mix together carefully.
- To serve: put the Baliviche in a glass, arrange the diced avocado on top and serve with more coriander leaves and lime wedges.
THE SOURCE — Puri Ganesha Villas (www.puriganesha.com)
© 2018 SPA.Kitchen, All Rights Reserved.