TOP TIP: If you choose to freeze the soup, when you take it out the freezer, feel free to add a handful of chickpeas or roasted seeds for a lovely crunchy texture.
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 medium Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 small Yellow Pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small Orange Pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large Carrot
- 2 inch knob of peeled Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Five Spice
- 1 large glug of Olive Oil
- Zest of ½ Orange
- 1 litre of Vegetable Stock
- ½ stick of Lemongrass, very finely chopped
- Place the sweet potato, butternut squash, peppers, carrots, ginger and lemongrass on a roasting tray, topped with a teaspoon of five spice and a large glug of olive oil and place in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Add the ingredients from the roasting tray to a pan with 1 litre of vegetable stock and place on the hob on low for 30 minutes.
- Blitz together for desired consistency.