Top Tip: For this recipe, use mushrooms that are slightly passed it or ‘gone over’, which are a bit black and soft.
Yield:About 10 Servings
- 1 kilo Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 litre Milk
- Black Pepper
- Finely chop the mushrooms and crush the garlic.
- Gently fry them in butter and cover with a lid cooking them gently until they have 'sweated' out muschroom liquor and are very soft.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper to taste and simmer until all the ingredients are soft and blended.
- Whiz with a hand-held blender to a smooth consistency. For a more intense taste, you might want to add a mushroom stock cube.
- Garnish with flakes of Turkish red pepper, or a sprinkle of paprika.