This recipe is proof that you don’t need eggs to make delicious wholesome tasting pancakes. They’re just the right mix of savoury and sweet – kiddies love them and adults too. You can keep them in the fridge and they are just as great reheated. Top with fruit or Benitta’s special coconut cream that leads to a tropical tasting with the most divine bitty melty texture.
Both buckwheat and rice flour are good staples to have in the kitchen for people who suffer from celiac disease. Buckwheat flour is very rich in magnesium and phosphorus both of which help build strong bones and teeth along with also stabilising blood sugar.
Yield:About 10 pancakes
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of Buckwheat Flour
- 1 cup of Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of Raisins
- 1 ½ cup of Water
- 1 cup of Desiccated Coconut
- ½ cup of Water
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 1 small pinch of Salt
- 1 splash of Agave
- Mix all the pancake ingredients in a bowl until you get a fluffy mixture, or until they are aerated as possible.
- Melt the coconut oil on a griddle pan over a medium heat.
- Add your mixture and cook to your preference.
- Flip the pancake when you see little bubbles forming on the surface of the pancake.
- For the coconut cream, blend all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender until nice and light.
- Serve over pancakes and enjoy with any additional toppings you desire.