This is the ultimate bowl of comfort. If you haven’t tried corn pasta before, it’ll change your life with its creamy texture and will make white pasta taste like paper in comparison.
- 250g of (non-gmo) Corn Pasta - they yellower the better
- 3 small Courgettes
- 2 Carrots
- 1 large Red Onion
- 3 or 4 cloves of Garlic
- 3 big Tomatoes or 3 packets of Cherry Tomatoes
- Half a pack of Spinach
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 1 packet of hazlenuts
- 1 big pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 1 or 2 dried Chillies
- Start with the sauce. Chop all the vegetables into smallish pieces.
- Fry off the onions and garlic first with a good dollop of olive oil.
- Next add in the carrots and courgettes.
- Chop the spinach into chunks and set aside for later.
- Put all the vegetables on a medium heat and let them naturally caramelize and add a dash of salt.
- In a blender, blitz the tomatoes and add into the mix, leaving them to simmer on a medium heat.
- Next, pre-boil salted water and add your pasta. When cooking corn pasta, you need a good amount of water. Cook until al dente
- As that is boiling you can prepare the fake parmesan. Blitz the ingredents ina blender or coffee grinder until it's the consistency you want.
- When the pasta as cooked, drain and add into your sauce base.
- Then fold in the spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the 'nutty' parmesan and you're good to go!